Wednesday 2 May 2012

The Big One

Today is my dad's birthday.  And it's a big one.  I'm sure he'll be ecstatic that I'm mentioning not only him, but making vague reference to his age, so let me bolster his ego with this:
Last week my sister and I were getting pedicures for her birthday, and my dad stopped by to bring birthday smoothies.  After he left and we were discussing our appreciation for our dad, the esthetician said to me, "Your dad?!  I thought he was your husband!".  And that is not the first time such a mistake has been made. Yikes!
Unfortunately it doesn't look like he will be sharing his birthday with the newest grandchild to hit the block.  Sigh.   Oh well.  Happy birthday dad!
Speaking of husbands (it was two paragraphs back - try to keep up!) my real husband has been very sweet as my grouchiness clouds up our house waiting for peanut to arrive.  But there were a couple gems from a few weeks back I thought worthy of sharing.
In regards to his inability to attend our prenatal class during which we'd learn infant CPR:
"It's just two fingers, right?"
When I asked if I should contact the trainer who works on the bench if I go into labour while he's playing out of town:
"Yeah, because that would help me play real well!" 
We have since worked out a plan that satisfies all parties involved - worry not!  And know that he always says things with the intent to tease.  We're both sweating a little bit over the fact that the bébé may decide to arrive on the scene while he's out of town.  It would make a good story, and blog post I guess . . .
Shelby

1 comment:

  1. I do not understand either of Jimmy's quips but it is Jimmy so I don't worry. He is no Niles or Frasier. Now those are funny men - you should post their quips. Did I tell you I visited Frasier's (possibly) house when I was in Seattle? And then we noshed at one of their (possibly) favourite restaurants right here in Edmonton, last night. And what a lovely meal that was. So not only are they funny but their taste cannot be faulted. Not unlike me. P.S. Qball, JG cna't hardly wait to hold you in my arms without having to have your mama along for the hug. Come out and see me.

    ReplyDelete